MXBON 102 is a high performance industrial grade Cyanoacrylate adhesive with fast setting, high flow ability, and good penetration characteristics. It has been specially formulated to achieve the strongest possible bond between well-mated, non-porous surfaces, such as rubber, metals, plastics, etc. MXBON 102 is a one-component, solvent-free system and does not require the use of a catalyst, heat or clamps. When a thin layer of MXBON 102 applied between two surfaces comes into contact with atmospheric moisture, a rapid polymerization occurs producing the ultimate bond.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Make sure the surfaces to be bonded are clean and dry (preferable to solvent-wipe plastics, glass, and rubber, and to acid-treat metals)
- Dispense a drop or drops to one surface only. Apply only enough to leave a thin film after compression.
- Press parts together and hold firmly for a few seconds. Good contact is essential. An adequate bond develops in less than one minute. (Maximum strength is achieved in 24 to 48 hours).
- Wipe off excess adhesive from the top of the container and recap MXBON 102 if left uncapped, may deteriorate by contamination from moisture in the air.
- Because MXBON 102 condenses by polymerization, sometimes whitening will occur on the surface of the container or the bonded materials. Should this happen, wipe surfaces well with acetone.
HANDLING AND STORAGE:
- Storage: Keep products in the unopened container in a cool and dry location. Best when stored at 2 to 8ºC. Temperatures less than 2ºC can adversely affect product properties. Do Not Freeze. Keep container tightly closed until ready for use
- Handling: Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not pour back any product to the original container. Misuse of product will void all warrantees.